This is a part-time position with benefits and includes three main responsibilities. You will work as the Religious School Assistant, B’nai Mitzvah coordinator, and in administration/marketing.
We are looking for an organized self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with our Rabbi, Cantorial Soloist, Managing Director, Religious School Director, and staff. This person will be responsible for administrative support and marketing for B’nai Mitzvah Program, the Religious School, and various congregational support.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Manage Religious School Office and serve as the Religious School Registrar: track registration forms, maintain class lists and attendance, track and submit faculty attendance, manage supplies, and execute assorted clerical and programmatic tasks as necessary.
· Oversee event logistics for Religious School and B’nai Mitzvah programs. Able to lift 25 lbs. to assist with last minute set-up changes.
· Communicate and manage scheduling for the B’nai Mitzvah families. Set up and maintain tutor rosters, schedule time with Cantorial Soloist/Hebrew tutors, Rabbi, and others.
· Create marketing materials for the congregation and its committees. This could include creating forms, e-blasts, and posting on social media, Temple website, and calendar. Also included is maintaining Student/Teacher Handbooks.
· Assist with facilitating information sessions regarding the B’nai Mitzvah process.
· Attend all Religious School Sessions and B’nai Mitzvah Services as our staff person.
Knowledge of Jewish Customs and Hebrew proficiency strongly preferred. Strong computer skills required. Familiarity with Shul Cloud a plus.
The successful candidate will be highly organized with superb attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Hours can be flexible, except for Religious School attendance (Sundays and Wednesday evenings) and B’nai Mitzvah services.
Part Time Position - Hourly rate is $18.00- $22.00 + Benefits.
Benefits: Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Sick Leave per Arizona Statue
- Vision insurance
- Religious & Spiritual Occupations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Please send resume and cover letter to our Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.